Friday, April 16, 2010

I can't wait!

So this summer I have been given a wonderful opportunity through Sendmenow.net to go and work this summer. After a very exciting/nervewracking process, I found out that God has placed me in Savannah for two months, but I really have no idea what all this entails.

Heres the job description of what we will be doing :)
The Savannah Baptist Center is strategically placed in the middle of the poverty ridden communities of Savannah, Georgia. Our vision is to impact this community with the gospel of Christ, disciple believers and offer programming that will reap eternal benefits in the lives of the particiapants. During the summer, we offer daily/weekly programming for elementary age children and teens in our community, Our summer missionaries offer support and leadership for these summer programs!

Now you know as much as I do :)
ACTUALLY
I do know that I will be working with Courtney and Lyndsie, all working for a wonderful lady named Ms Alice. I am so very very excited to see all that God has in store for the summer :)

Basically the point of this blog is to relay interesting stories of what is going on down there, and to give a place to show all the God is doing in our lives. (aka allow a place to provide that we are still alive, but not only alive but flourishing.) also I want to be able to put pictures up :)
Grace and peace!

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you my dear! You best be keepin me updated on the goings ons in Savannah! And, psht, I mean, you COULD visit me. I mean, I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin, you know what I be sayin. You are the most amazing roommate/sister/dearest friend that I could ever ask for and I can't wait to see how God works not only through you but in you this summer! Praying for you, lovey!
    -me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CaitieBug,
    We are so excited for you! We will be keeping you in our prayers and looking forward to hearing from you. Love, Aunt Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete