Saturday, July 24, 2010

blur.

Well the past two weeks have been a blur, but awesome :)
Week one we were the teachers, and God was able to use our knowledge of the kids to make it the best it could be to serve the kids. We were able to plan it knowing which kids would smile and how to encourage the whole week. I got to teach the kids about missions, and in a hands on way. We discussed the different continents each day :) It was insane to see how even though we were few, God still worked through the week and was able to give us management of the kids.
This past week we had a team from Griffin, Ga, which is awesome because they were so incredibly close to home. Highlights of the week was probably when little miss Shania leaned back and told me that she loved me. I had an awesome moment with one of the little boys, Jamel, he was upset cause one of hid classmates got onto him, but I was able to remind him how much we loved him, but also how much God loves him. These little ones are just precious. Now with that being said on friday they definitely took my smile away. I had to break up more fights than I can specifically remember. Three of the four boys in my class went to time out every class period. The crazy part though was to see changes in the kids. Many are either softening their hearts toward Jesus, or will ask random questions about Him. There are many moments when I am reminded of how important and awesome the ministry is down here. You'll have to call for more specific stories because I cant sit still long enough to write them all out

If you could please be in prayer for patience, the children are begining to change. They are no longer calm, its sorta like they have spring fever. Also if you could be in prayer that little alexis's heart would soften, that would be amazing. She needs Jesus so badly, it is crazy.
Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment