Saturday, July 3, 2010

Time out

This past week has been a whirlwind, but we’ve been rather excited to know that we were about to have a week off.
Last night as we began our mini vacation, we got some big news and you could almost hear God smiling as Ms Alice told us. The team that was coming down to lead the week of July 12th through the 16th has canceled, but instead of canceling camp again, we are going to lead it. It turns out our week off will be spent preparing to lead the entire VBS for all 50 kids. Interestingly enough, God has been preparing us for leading because this past week, we led the middle school class. We each got practice in being in charge of a specific class time. We have no idea where our helpers will come from (cause lets face it, if it were only four of us there would be a mutiny..) but I do know that God will provide. We’ve already started asking around and looking at VBS material online. It now completely makes sense why there are four summer missionaries instead of the usual amount also. It seems that God had this in his plan the entire time. We shall have to see.
I do have three stories though from this week, and they both definitely got at my heart.
Two days ago Nichaela’s best friend came to vbs, interestingly enough his name is Daniel, he is white, and autistic. Nichaela would never guess that he is her complete opposite though, and even if she does she doesn’t care a bit. She proudly walked with us down the hallway and introduced him to all the leaders as her best friend. The sweetest thing though was after everyone was eating their snacks, she came up to me and asked for help finding the challenge question. She promptly told me that she had already found the answer, but wanted to find it for Daniel. So we sat down, looked up Noah and wrote Daniel’s name on the back. I don’t know if I have ever met a little girl this sweet and kind.
On a different note, yesterday at the pool we were talking to two of the girls when Lyndsie asked Tonajah what her shirt meant. It said “Set my daddy free” and “Little Miss Iron”. The little girl is incredibly sassy, but also precious. Tonajah told us that her dad is up in prision for 15 years, and then Nicheala told us that her daddy lived in a halfway house. I have really grown to love these girls, and I would love to see them grow up to still be as sweet as they are. It broke my heart because this just points out how broken their homes are. They are sweet and precious children, and I would never want to wish that on them. It definitely pointed out just how important our love can be in their lives.
On Friday I walked in to set up sound as I usually do, but this time, I had to be extra quiet. Many of the girls from Tifton were seated in a circle, praying for the upcoming day. It was encouraging to see their love for their savior, and also such caring hearts.
Over all God has used this week to demonstrate himself, and also his divine plan. If you have any prayer requests, please message me or something! God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment