Monday, July 12, 2010

Even through the rain

This week has been mad, simply stark raving mad. To start off, we don't have internet at the house right now, so any updates will be questionable. Were sitting at Barnes and Noble though and I'm procrastinating working on stuff for tomorrow.
This week our team consists of summer missionaries and whoever is available. We all have taken a topic and are teaching for the week. I get to teach missions which is awesome because I get to talk about stuff I have studied for years and am very passionate about. Downside, I don't think I am meant to be a teacher. The middle schoolers were so cool, they were asking questions and really curious. The kindergarten boys decided to take their shirts off. (I was able to persuade them to not though, time out chair/ girls screaming is not as awesome as shirtless apparently.) Most of the day I couldn't help but laugh at some of the things they said. But I think it was a productive day. They really seemed to enjoy themselves and most seemed sort of interested. It was overall a hectic day and I currently feel like a 70 year old woman.
We actually stayed at the center till about 8 tonight, which was an incredibly long day, but it was sorta awesome. Because nothing was perfect nor comfortable, it was neat to see that God simply must have a plan. Ms Alice pointed out that He had given us the team we need and all of the skills required. So in a way I found this comforting because its not for us to make it prosper, its to us to do our best. Gods got it :) So this sense of comfort is worth all of the hard work. And the kids are delighted that we are their teachers.
On a delightful note, I got five letters in the mail today, and that simply made my day. They all were encouraging and simply comforting.
We got to work this morning and it was sunny. Since the center has no windows throughout the building, it was sorta depressing to come out to a downpour. But we blasted worship music on the way home, and it was cool. Even through the rain God brings sunshine :)
So yes, please be praying that all of the boys keep their shirts on tomorrow, and that I can represent South America as God wants it shown. Also please be praying that just God would use this mismatched week for his glory. And maybe a bit of patience on all the leaders part would be awesome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment