Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hello sunshine

These past few days have been rough, I won't lie. We are running on less sleep and everything seems to be going crazy. I miss sleep and my family and friends, but what were doing down here is apart of God's will.
It has been quite difficult to learn distance. Later on in life I have felt called to be a missionary, and I feel that it will probably not be somewhere close to my family. The fact that they are going on vacation without me is definitely weird and it sorta hurts my heart. I have a feeling that this lesson will help to make me stronger and will set a foundation for learning to be far away yet still close. The beauty of it though is that even though my heart has been breaking, God has been showing me his beauty and his love through it. It seems that reading the word is like drinking cool water, or finding a place of rest.
The kids at the center have been awesome, they view us as their permanent teachers. We get tons of hugs and adorable questions. Nichaela wanted to know how exactly to send a letter to God. It was funny to watch her face as I tried to tell her she could write letters, but she didn't need to mail them. Alexis, the girl who was suspended on friday has been rather good even, its awesome to see most of the kids getting along. Today I cant actually even remember anyone in time out.
The devil seems to be trying to mess us . Little things are going wrong, such as messed up lists or missed directions. Its cool to see how though just time in the word makes everything seem so much better.
Big news though, we get off all next week. So We may be headed to Charleston or St. Simmons. Of if anyone wants to come visit, please let me know because this would be the best time this summer!
For as difficult as the past few days have been, its been wonderful to witness Gods power through it.God is sending sunshine our way :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are having a great time! And i'm sorry you're having to learn a hard lesson but I guess in the end it makes you stronger and prepares you for what's in store for the future ;) love ya girl. Wish i could visit next week...all in good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry things have been hard, darling. Miss you lots, too, won't lie.. but just look for the joy of the kids that you're serving-that's what gets me through. God brings beauty out of pain. And may I just say that the kids that are always getting suspended and such are my favorites? Yeah. Have fun on your week off! I'm trying not to be jealous :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete