Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Destination at left.

Thank you GPS. I have officially arrived in Savannah :)
Today has been an absolute whirlwind and wonderful :) We are staying in a nice little condo situated in a sleepy little neighborhood. It is simply perfect for us.
After cleaning, and setting up many things, mom and I explored downtown to retrieve some wonderful Savannah Sweets. Cupcakes and pralines are wonderful.
After a tour of the center and lunch my mom left, and our official work in Savannah began.
Court, Macie and I had an adventure in the grocery store, attempting to figure out just what we would need to live a week. It turns out its more complicated than I would have guessed :)
We were invited to come to a block party tonight, on of many offered by the center. It was absolutely wonderful. After realizing that Court, Macie, nor I knew anybody there, we offered to help. We ended up face painting the entire time, and the children a precious. They were all just so happy and adorable. I have officially fallen in love with them :) I cant wait to spend my summer loving on them!
God is working down in this area, I can feel it. We will get to serve Him and it is exhilarating.
Last Sunday we were singing in church, and I could hear Him saying, I have made you for a time such as this. It is so very comforting to know that He has me here for a reason. I don't completely understand this reason, and nor is it comfortable, but I am excited :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you, dear! Be ready for God to tear your heart open for the people you're serving-it's well worth it. I'm praying for you, and I love you, my dear sister :) Let me know if you ever need anything!

    ReplyDelete